Zendesk recently purchased customer relationship management (CRM) company Base for an undisclosed amount. With Base, Zendesk is looking to the future of online sales and customer relations.
- Base will provide Zendesk with new strategies for their future mobile expansion. Matt Price, previously Zendesk’s senior vice president for product portfolios, will be heading the Base team following the acquisition.
- Zendesk CEO Mikkel Svane states, “We want to do for sales what Zendesk has already done for customer service: give salespeople tools built around them and the customers they serve.”
- Zendesk is not the first company to explore integrating platforms. Recently, both HubSpot and SugarCRM have made moves into the mobile arena.
Renesas, a producer of computer chips for the automobile industry, has made it clear that it wants a presence in the future of self driving technology. With their announced $6.7 billion purchase of US based IDT, here’s what to expect:
- With the purchase of IDT, it’s technology focusing on the wireless networking and data storage in vehicles, Renases is taking a huge leap to contend with the likes of Intel and Apple, who are also working on their own autonomous vehicles.
- Renases purchased Intersil, a firm that has developed tech to control battery voltage in electric and hybrid vehicles, last year for $3.2 billion. Coupled with the announcement of their purchase of IDT, it seems that Renases is ready to begin work on the future of the autonomous vehicle.
- Bloomberg analyst Masahiro Wakasugi agrees this is a great move for Renases: “There’s little overlap between their product portfolios, so it’s a strategically sound move for Renesas. But it does seem like the price is a little high.”